Manager of Policy
The electric vehicle revolution can massively reduce carbon pollution, unlock billions of dollars of economic gains, and save thousands of lives a year by reducing noxious pollution. But at the moment, Australia is lagging behind. That’s where you come in.
You’re a resourceful policy thinker and advocate, ready to join our small team leading the campaign for sustainable transport. You’ll work directly with the CEO and Board to achieve tangible policy outcomes, and to build the influence of the Electric Vehicle Council.
The Electric Vehicle Council is the national body representing the electric vehicle industry in Australia.
Our mission is to accelerate the electrification of transport for a sustainable and prosperous Australia. Our members are companies that build, power, and support electric vehicles.
We are an incorporated not-for-profit association based in Sydney, operating nationally. We provide a variety of services to members, but our primary role is to develop and advocate effective policy.
About the role
We are a small and agile team, so we’re looking for people who can help build the Council, and contribute in multiple ways, but here are our key objectives for this role:
- Research, develop, and advocate for policies to accelerate electric vehicle uptake in collaboration with members
- Build the size and influence of the Electric Vehicle Council, by developing new members and supporters
- Produce impactful reports, briefing papers, and submissions
- Work with members and stakeholders to maximise their engagement with the Council
- Represent the EVC as a spokesperson at events and conferences
- Analyse and report on industry data
- Help build the growing EVC by providing administrative support as required
Ideally, you have:
- The ability to build productive internal and external stakeholder relationships
- An interest in electric vehicles, energy, and climate (policy and advocacy in the domain is a bonus)
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong abilities to develop policy through consultation, research and analysis
- The drive and self-management required to work in a small, resourceful, and fast-moving team
If some of these criteria speak to you, we’d love to receive your application. Formal education and experience is less important to us than drive and talent.
Salary range: $70,000 – $80,000 per annum (pro-rata) + superannuation, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
We are seeking a full-time role, based in Sydney CBD, but we are keen to provide flexible working arrangements, especially for those with caring responsibilities. Applicants seeking part-time and flexible working conditions are welcome.
We believe that the Council will be stronger for having a diversity of backgrounds and experience. We encourage applicants from a diversity of genders, cultures, abilities and experiences to apply.
How to apply
If you embrace challenges and have a drive to create change we want to hear from you. Send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. We’ll consider the first round of applications from 14 August, and then on a rolling basis until the role is filled.