Policy & Communications Officer
The electric vehicle revolution can massively reduce carbon pollution, unlock billions of dollars of economic gains, and save thousands of lives a year by reducing noxious pollution. But at the moment, Australia is lagging behind. That’s where you come in.
You’re a fast learner with a talent for research and communication. You’re ready to join our small team leading the campaign to transition to sustainable transport. You’ll work directly with the CEO and Board, and develop networks in the transport, energy and government sectors as you work with the Council’s members to draft research reports, opinion pieces, and member communications.
The Electric Vehicle Council is the national body representing the electric vehicle industry in Australia.
Our mission is to accelerate the electrification of transport for a sustainable and prosperous Australia. Our primary role is to develop and advocate effective policy. Our members are companies that build, power, and support electric vehicles.
We are an incorporated not-for-profit association based in Sydney, operating nationally.
About the role
The key objectives for this role:
- Build great relationships with the Council’s current and future members by communicating the council’s activities, and providing timely assistance and advice.
- Write reports, opinion pieces, briefing papers and submissions for the Council
- Advocate policy positions to external stakeholders
- Co-ordinate and attend member and stakeholder events
- Help build the growing EVC by providing administrative support as required
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Strong interest in the Council’s mission to accelerate the shift to sustainable transport
- A great turn of phrase
- Interest in and ability to analyse policy
- The ability to learn quickly
- The drive and self-management required to work in a small, resourceful, and fast-moving team.
- Policy, media, and advocacy experience is a plus
- Social media, graphic design, or content creation experience is a plus
If some of these criteria speak to you, we’d love to receive your application. Formal education and experience is less important to us than drive and talent.
Salary range: $44,000-$55,000 per annum (pro-rata) + superannuation, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
Based in Sydney CBD, this role may suit candidates seeking full-time, part-time or casual work. We are keen to provide flexible working arrangements, especially for those with caring responsibilities.
We believe that the Council will be stronger for having a diversity of backgrounds and experience. We encourage applicants from a diversity of genders, cultures, abilities and experiences to apply.
How to apply
If you embrace challenges and have a drive to create change we want to hear from you. Send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. We’ll consider the first round of applications from 14 August, and then on a rolling basis until the role is filled.