Canberra Launch Electric Vehicle Report - Zero Carbon Australia6 December 2016
ACT Legislative Assembly
5.30pm December 6, 2016
ACT Legislative Assembly Reception Room,
BZE’s Electric Vehicle report is the latest part of our 10-year Zero Carbon Australia Transport Plan, a comprehensive blueprint showing the way to eliminate Australia’s growing transport emissions.
Rapid transitions from petrol-powered to electric passenger fleets are being seriously discussed globally, so BZE’s new analysis of Australia’s rapid shift to EV’s is extremely timely. If this can be achieved in Canberra then transport GHG emissions could plummet and across all of urban Australia this would slash between six and 8% of our national GHG emissions.
Come and join us as we launch this exciting report in Canberra – we take on the questions of how much it will cost the economy and what incentives are still needed so that our urban passenger fleets – both cars and buses – can all rapidly transition to zero emissions electric vehicles powered by 100% renewable energy.
The launch program includes:
- The key findings of the new report – this is a 20-year cost benefit analysis including a 10-year transition to electric cars and buses for all of urban Australia.
- Electric vehicles – TESLA, BMW i3, & Mitsubishi Outlander are some of the cars which will be on display from 5.30-5.45 pm and then from 8.00-8.30pm in the ACT Legislative Assembly carpark
- Minister Shane Rattenbury
- Her Excellency Ambassador Unni Kølvstad – Norwegian Embassy
Electric Vehicle Report Launch and Key Findings
- Michael Lord, CEO Beyond Zero Emissions and Zero Carbon Australia Program Director
- Todd Eagles, Deputy Chair & Strategy, Electric Vehicle Council
- Simon Evans, Best Solutions
- Professor Penny Sackett, ACT Climate Change Council