Electric Vehicle Council welcomes carsales as newest member1 December 2021
The Electric Vehicle Council is proud to announce its newest member: carsales – the largest online automotive classifieds business in Australia.
The EVC and carsales recently partnered on the Council’s Consumer Attitudes Survey for 2021, finding over half of Australian drivers are considering purchasing an electric vehicle as their next car.
EVC chief executive Behyad Jafari said it was terrific to have carsales aboard.
“Nobody understands Australian drivers and their preferences better than carsales,” Mr Jafari said.
“carsales has decades of passion and know-how and access to a wealth of data about what Australians like – and what they don’t – when it comes to cars, and the ability to tap into consumer habits around buying and selling.
“We all know the future of driving is electric, but how we get there is incredibly important.
“It will be terrific to be able to draw on the knowledge and experience of the carsales team as we work toward our mission of electrifying the Australian fleet.”
“We are thrilled to partner with EV Council. carsales is Australia’s ‘Everything you auto know’ destination, and that goes for electric cars as well,” said carsales Managing Director – Australia, Ajay Bhatia.
“We’ve conducted a number of comprehensive EV studies this year and what we’re seeing is significant momentum in the electric car space. Our role is to help educate consumers and offer advice to improve understanding around EV adoption,” continued Bhatia.
- Urgent reform needed to deliver new era of electric trucks in Australia
- Electric Vehicle Council welcomes carsales as newest member
- Future Fuels a fizzer: Government’s strategy misses opportunity to electrify Australian transport
- With EVs critical to UN 2030 target, Australia must stop being world’s dirty car dumping ground
- Australians ready to embrace electric cars and want their pollies to back the switch: poll