Statement regarding leaked draft of Australia’s electric car strategy15 December 2020
“Transitioning to electric vehicles is unarguably in our national interest, yet this strategy does nothing to accelerate the process.
“If Australians were supported toward electric vehicles we could significantly reduce respiratory illness in our cities, shake off our fuel insecurity, cut our carbon emissions, and even firm up our grid with a giant collective battery. This strategy does not help us realise this exciting future.
“In the US, drivers are offered a $10,000 tax rebate for buying an electric vehicle, and American consumers get access to much cheaper electric vehicle options because of their long standing vehicle emission standards.
“This strategy leaves Australia miles behind just as the exciting global transition to electric vehicles is picking up pace.”
- New electric car sales figures show Australia stalled with hazards flashing
- Incentives for electric vehicles make sense to Biden, Boris, and OECD – but Taylor apparently knows better
- Victorian voters reject Andrews Government’s tax on electric vehicles
- GM’s all-electric announcement proves Australian pollies have been Holden us back
- Statement regarding leaked draft of Australia’s electric car strategy